We are excited to welcome back Scarsdale Public Library cardholders in a limited capacity starting Monday, March 22nd during the following hours:
Monday: 1 pm - 6 pm:
- 1 pm - 2 pm: Seniors Only- Half hour browsing sessions by appointment; ten person maximum (Senior citizens may be accompanied by an aide or companion);
- 2 pm - 6 pm: Half hour browsing sessions by appointment; ten person maximum.
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 11 am - 3 pm:
- 11 am -12 pm: Seniors Only- Half hour browsing sessions by appointment; ten person maximum (Senior citizens may be accompanied by an aide or companion);
- 12 pm - 3 pm: Half hour browsing sessions by appointment; ten person maximum;
Saturday: 11 am - 3pm
- 11 pm - 3 pm: Half hour browsing sessions by appointment; ten person maximum;
Browsing Hours Starting Monday, April 26th
No appointment needed for Main Library. Children's Room requires advance registration. Make your appointment here.
All Westchester Library System patrons are welcome to browse our main collection. You will be limited to 30 minutes of browsing time. Currently, due to COVID restrictions regarding occupancy, we are only allowing Scarsdale cardholders to make appointments for the Children's Room.
What Should I Do Prior To Visiting?
Please do not visit the library if you are experiencing fever or other COVID-19 symptoms, and/or have recently traveled outside the United States and not completed the quarantine period.
We will be limiting access to 10 patrons and limiting browsing to half an hour. WE HIGHLY ENCOURAGE VISITORS TO RESERVE THEIR VISIT TO THE LIBRARY IN ADVANCE, WHICH CAN BE DONE EASILY HERE. At this time, only two people will be allowed per reservation party. You can also call us at (914) 722-1300 during business hours to book a visiting session. Those that do not reserve a time slot in advance will be asked to wait until space is available.
Once you have reserved your session, please familiarize yourself with our COVID-19 Visitor Safety Protocols here.
What Should I Do Once I Arrive?
- Please check in with the monitor at the front door.
- Follow the below Visitor Safety Protocols:
- Wear a mask at all times while inside the Library.
- Follow social distancing and maintain at least 6 feet apart from each other and staff.
- Utilize the self-checkout machines available in the Main Reading Room and Children’s Room. Please limit interactions with staff for everyone's safety
- Do not eat or drink in the library. While we highly encourage you to take advantage of the Apairy Café’s amazing menu, we ask that you please do not sit and eat in the café or other areas of the library. Take out is a great option!
- You can read our full visitor protocols here.
- Welcome back to the Library! We hope you enjoy your visit!
What should I do about my holds?
Patrons can once again place holds and borrow from our full and expanded on-site collection at 54 Olmsted Rd. Once you have received a notification that your holds are available for pick up, reserve your time slot here!
Can I get books again?
We are now open for book returns and contactless pickup at 54 Olmsted Rd! To provide for proper social distancing, patrons may reserve hour-long time slots to pick up their materials via the Library’s website and we will require only a three-hour advance notice for reservations (allowing for same day hold and pick up in many cases).
The Library hours for holds pickup and book returns are:
Monday 9:00AM – 7:00PM
Tuesday – Friday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Saturday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Staff will be available by phone during these business hours and the community can continue to message the Library for reader advisory, reference services and general help at any time via email.