Statement Regarding CDC Mask Guidelines
Last week, the CDC announced its Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People, which states that masks will no longer be required in most indoor and outdoor settings. Governor Cuomo announced that New York State will follow the CDC’s recommendations, starting Wednesday, May 19, 2021.
Because the Scarsdale Public Library serves people of all ages and health conditions, including young children who are not yet able to receive the COVID-19 vaccination, we will continue to require masks in our building for all visitors and staff as we review the new mask guidance and our current safety protocols.
We know you are looking forward to full normal operations of the library. As part of that process, we ask for your patience and understanding as we look to protect the health of all our visitors, staff, and whole community. Please continue to wear your masks inside the library, and watch for additional updates to our safety protocols on our website and via e-mail.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
In Person Services:
- Masks required for patrons and staff; maintaining social distancing is also required.
- In-person reference, readers' advisory and circulation services fully resumed.
- Socially distanced seating available for reading, studying and research.
- Socially distanced seating required in the Cafe, with a half hour time limit for patrons in the Cafe area.
- Computer room, meeting rooms and study rooms are not available (yet!).
Hours Of Operation:
Please view our Location & Hours Page for the latest hours of operation here.