Program Type:STEAM, Technology Classes
The Center for Career Freedom, a White Plains non-profit (www.FreeCenter.org), has partnered with the Teen Advisory Board to offer a 10-week series of touch-typing courses for tweens and teens (ages 10-18) on Wednesday afternoons at 3:30 PM in the North South Meeting Room at Scarsdale Public Library, 54 Olmsted Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583.
Each class has a capacity of 16 students.
1) Each student is responsible for bringing their own device-with-a-keyboard (their school-provided iPad with keyboard, a laptop, or similar), fully charged, to the club each week. #BringOurOwnKeyboard #BYOK
2) The remaining course dates are:
- May 3: Scroll to the bottom of this page to register within one month of class date.
- May 10: Click here within one month of class date to register.
- May 17: Click here within one month of class date to register.
- May 24: Click here within one month of class date to register.
3) A parent or guardian must sign a consent form (Page 1 of 3) for their child to participate in our Teen Typing Club. You may print the form from this site (see "Attachments" at right) or pick one up from the Teen Room at Scarsdale Public Library.
4) Each student should register for each class they wish to attend in order to save their spot within one month of the class date. For best results in skill improvement, we encourage each student to attend as many of the 10 classes as they can.