Program Type:Health & Wellness
Why Youth Mental Health First Aid?
Youth Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders in youth. This 6-hour training
gives adults who work with youth the skills they need to reach out and provide initial support to children and adolescents (ages 6-18) who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care.
What it Covers
• Common signs and symptoms of mental illness in this age group, including
• Eating disorders
• Attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD)
• Common signs and symptoms of substance use
• How to interact with a child or adolescent in crisis
• How to connect the person with help
The course will teach you how
to apply the ALGEE action plan:
• Assess for risk of suicide or
• Listen nonjudgmentally.
• Give reassurance and
• Encourage appropriate
• Encourage self-help and
other support strategies.
• NEW: Expanded content on trauma, addiction and self-care and
of social media and bullying
Please Register: https://YMFHA5-2-2023.eventbrite.com