You are invited!
The Scarsdale Public Library invites you to participate in this free program which encourages you to read 1,000 books with your child before they reach kindergarten.
Track your reading with the Beanstack App or website and receive fun prizes for reading with your little one.
- Registration will begin February 1.
- The program begins February 12.
Sign up or log into your Beanstack account to register for this self-paced program.
The concept is simple & the rewards are priceless. Read a book (any book) to your newborn, infant, toddler, or preschooler. The goal is to have read 1,000 books before your little one reaches kindergarten. Does it sound hard? Not really, if you think about it. If you read just one book a day you will have read 365 books in a year. That is 730 books in two years, and 1,095 books in three years.
How to Participate
- If you have not already done so, sign up with the Scarsdale Public Library using the Beanstack App or website.
- Read with your child. Studies have shown that reading with your child provides a great opportunity for bonding. Reading together is fun and will create life-long memories for both of you.
- Keep track of the books you read using the Beanstack App. When you reach a milestone number, the app will remind you to stop by the Children’s Room to pick up a sticker reward.
- Track any books read to your child! This counts books that you read with your little one as well as books read by other family members, teachers, friends, and even librarians during storytimes! Plus, the same book can count multiple times if you’d like!