Bell Peppers, also known as sweet peppers are capsicum. This is the fruit of plants in the Grossum Cultivar group. This pepper comes in a bright variety of colors such as red,orange,yellow, and green. You can find these peppers in every supermarket, farmers market, and most backyard gardens! They can be used for a variety of side dishes and garnishing on salads and meals. They originate from Mexico, Central America, and Northern South America.
The health benefits of these colorful peppers are that they are packed with vitamins and are low in calories, which is the main reason why they are so popular. They are considered to be an excellent source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and potassium. The next time you are having a family get together or just a pick me up snack don’t forget this wonderful pepper pizza!
• Bell Peppers
• Olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
• Shredded Mozzarella cheese
• Marinara sauce
• Cut the peppers in half. Take the seeds out.
• Brush peppers with olive oil, mix dry ingredients with it and spread on both sides of the pepper.
• Stuff with sauce (homemade or store bought)
• Sprinkle a large handful of Cheese and pepperoni on top.
• Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
Feel free to add a topping of your choice such as mushroom, jalapeño, or your choice of meat!
Last Modified October 23, 2021