This hybrid meeting is the last one of this school year, and a large part of it will be discussing teen summer reading and any plans to have any special events at the end of summer or beginning of fall.
Our meetings are intended for Scarsdale's middle school and high school students who want to get involved at the community hub which is the Scarsdale Public Library. You can earn community service credit when you meet with your peers and teen librarian to (a) learn about and (b) decide what you want from your public library's Teen Services Department. I'm asking Teen Advisory Board members for:
- input into what programs teens want the Library to offer and when they should be scheduled;
- ideas for programs/classes teens want to lead/teach for teens (#ByTeensForTeens #BTFT) or other age groups;
- help promoting programs to other community members;
- creative contributions to our social media channels (especially Instagram and TikTok);
- ideas for how to decorate and equip the Teen Room and MakerSpace;
- requests about what books I should order and in what formats; and
- suggestions for partnerships with teachers/organizations where overlap exists between their purposes and those of Scarsdale Public Library, whose mission is to encourage the joy of reading, the exploration of ideas, and the pursuit of lifelong learning for all residents of our community.
Come to the North Meeting Room or tune in via Zoom to participate in this hybrid event on Tuesday, June 20 @ 7 PM.