This hybrid meeting is intended for Scarsdale residents who are middle school, junior high, high school, or homeschool students wanting to get involved with the community hub which is the Scarsdale Public Library. You can earn community service credit when you meet with your peers and teen library specialist(s) to discuss what you want from your public library's Teen Services Department. We're asking Teen Advisory Board (TAB) members for:
- input into what programs teens want the Library to offer and when they should be scheduled;
- ideas for programs/classes teens want to lead/teach for teens (#ByTeensForTeens #BTFT) or other age groups;
- help promoting programs to classmates and other community members;
- creative contributions to our social media channels (especially Instagram and TikTok);
- ideas for how to decorate and equip the Teen Room and Makerspace;
- requests about what books we should order and in what formats; and
- suggestions for partnerships with teachers/organizations where overlap exists between their purposes and those of Scarsdale Public Library, whose mission is to encourage the joy of reading, the exploration of ideas, and the pursuit of lifelong learning for all residents of our community.
Show up in person at the appointed place and time or register to receive the Zoom link to join remotely online.